Photo Courtesy of the Author
Alison Pelegrin is the author of four previous poetry collections, including Big Muddy River of Stars, which won the 2006 Akron Poetry Prize, Hurricane Party (U. Akron 2011), and Waterlines (LSU Press 2016). The recipient of fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Louisiana Division of the Arts, her poems have appeared in The Southern Review, The Cincinnati Review, and Image. She teaches poetry and creative writing at Southeastern Louisiana University.
- "Broadsides to Books: Alison Pelegrin’s Love Song to Louisiana, Hurricanes and All." Kali Lightfoot. Broadsided Press.
- "Our Lady of Last Words," "To the Recruitment Office of the West St. Tammany Parish KKK," "Our Lady on the Half Shell," "A Litany of Bridges," & "Feast of the Makeshift Banquets." The Sundress Blog: The Wardrobe's Best Dressed. ed. Natalie Giarratano. 18-22 February 2019.
Awards & Honors
- 2019 Eric Hoffer Award Winner: Chapbook Category
- 2019 Eric Hoffer Grand Prize: Shortlist
- 2017 Diode Editions Chapbook Contest for Our Lady of the Flood
- 2006 Akron Poetry Prize for Big Muddy River of Stars
- The Louisiana Division of the Arts fellowship recipient
- National Endowment for the Arts fellowship recipient