Photo Courtesy of Ramsey Mathews, Photographer
Dorothy Chan is the author of Chinese Girl Strikes Back (Spork Press, forthcoming), Revenge of the Asian Woman (Diode Editions, March 2019), Attack of the Fifty-Foot Centerfold (Spork Press, 2018), and the chapbook Chinatown Sonnets (New Delta Review, 2017). She is a 2019 recipient of the Philip Freund Prize in Creative Writing from Cornell University, a 2014 finalist for the Ruth Lilly and Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Poetry Fellowship, and her work has appeared or is forthcoming in POETRY, The American Poetry Review, Academy of American Poets, The Cincinnati Review, Quarterly West, The Offing, and elsewhere. Chan is an Assistant Professor of English at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and Poetry Editor of Hobart.
Chan received her PhD in poetry at Florida State University, her MFA in poetry at Arizona State University, and her BA in English (cum laude) with a minor in History of Art at Cornell University.
Visit her website at dorothypoetry.com.
Interviews & Features
- "These Are The Finalists for the 2020 Lambda Literary Awards, Announced Exclusively on OprahMag.com." Michelle Hart. OprahMag.com.
- "The Wardrobe's Best Dressed: REVENGE OF THE ASIAN WOMAN by Dorothy Chan." ed. Danielle Hanson. The Sundress Blog: The Wardrobe. 5-9 August 2019.
- "A conversation with FSU graduate and poet Dorothy Chan about 'Revenge of the Asian Woman," CD Davidson-Hiers, Tallahassee Democrat. 20 June 2019.
Awards & Honors
- “Triple Sonnet for Good Boys, Grandma’s Cookies, and Girls with their Cream Cheese and Lox” & “Ode to Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, Judy Jetson, and the Sixties Version of the Future." Diode Poetry Journal. 11th Anniversary Issue.
- “Ode to the Most Beautiful Neck Alive” & “Where Are All the Hot Pilots: Thank You, Mrs. Guan.” Oxidant|Engine. Iss. 5.