Nancy Chen Long
Photo Courtesy of the Author
Nancy Chen Long is the author of two books, Wider Than the Sky (Diode Editions, 2020) and Light into Bodies (University of Tampa Press, 2017), winner of the Tampa Review Prize for Poetry, as well as the chapbook Clouds as Inkblots for the War Prone (Red Bird Chapbooks, 2013). She is the grateful recipient of a National Endowment of the Arts Creative Writing Fellowship. Her work was selected as the winner of the 2019 Poetry Society of America Robert H. Winner Award and featured in Poetry Daily, Verse Daily, and Indiana Humanities. She works at Indiana University in the Research Technologies division. nancychenlong.com
- "Open to All: A Crowd-Sourced List of Over 300 Mid-2019 to 2020 Poetry Titles." Rosebud Ben-Oni. Kenyon Review Blog. 13 March 2020.
- "Why We Like It: “Reverberation” by Nancy Chen Long." Taylor Byas. The Cincinnati Review. 9 January 2020.
Awards & Honors
- Finalist for the 2020 Lawrence J. Epstein Award sponsored by the Suffolk County Community College (SCCC) Creative Writing Festival
Select Poems from Wider than the Sky
- "Wordlust" & "Learning to Barter with God the Way My Mother Barters with the Fishmonger Over Yesterday's Spoils," Smartish Pace | Issue 26
- "First-Time Defendant at Nineteen" & "Altered State at the Grocery Store," Tar River Poetry | forthcoming